Catching up on preschool posts:
Sensory: macaroni with heart shaped scoopers, measuring cups, cupcake and ice trays, and heart shapes hiding in the pasta.

Dramatic Play: Valentine treats prop box. Baker's hats, aprons, oven mitts, spatulas, mixers, and an assortment of heart shaped chocolate tins, valentine dishes, heart cupcake goody shopping bags, and play cookies and cupcakes.
Pre-reading: Giant Valentine letter matchup. I gave the children a giant valentine and they filled in the hearts with matching letters to spell "Be My Valentine"
Manipulative Mix-Mates: I made a couple sets of Olliblocks Valentine people on two sided tiles so the children could mix and match and create their own combinations of heads, bodies, and legs. Each person is holding a valentine or letter.
On to the most exciting part: the Valentine exchange! I made "I love Yoo-hoo!" and gave each child a little mailbox to hold their party spoils in.


Fine motor/shape: tracing and cutting out folded valentine hearts.
Math: following a pattern with heart shaped and non-heart shaped marshmallows.
I sure do L-O-V-E being your teacher.








No comments:
Post a Comment