Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A perfect day

We woke up to the sounds of birds chirping in the treetops outside my bedroom window for the second day in a row. Spring! Well, not yet, there is certainly still some winter ahead of us, but today was a 70 degree glimmer of hope. Corbin and I packed up a picnic lunch, went to Walmart and picked out kites and headed over to lake Bella Vista. 
The wind was perfect and Corbin flew kites for an hour with his friends Izzy, Annalise, and Karina and entertained babies Soren, Dean and Rachel, Sawyer, and Tommy.

My friend Jessica is an amazing photographer and snapped this one of my little guy. Thanks Jessica! 

We picnicked and played and finished with a walk along the lake trail. 
It's days like this that I feel especially bad that Aaron has to go to work at a boring old office all day. My job was nothing but good times. 

I picked up the girls from school and told them to go do their homework quickly because there's a surprise (2 more kites) in the van for them. I'm itching to get back outside and enjoy the rest of this beautiful day! 

1 comment:

JDS said...

It was so fun! Thanks for the invite!