Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Overnight Oatmeal

Kasey came over yesterday and introduced me to a new breakfast, overnight oatmeal. We assembled one together and put it in the fridge to eat this morning. 

1/4 c dry rolled oats
1/4 c vanilla yogurt
1/4 c milk or coconut milk
1 tsp sugar (or honey or other sweetener) 
1 tsp chia seeds
Diced fruit (I did strawberries. Yum!)

Put everything into a little Tupperware and shake. Refrigerate overnight. Eat. 

This was my first time trying chia seeds and I didn't really notice them. The oatmeal was awesome! 

This morning, The girls were eating breakfast and I invited them to try mine to see it they'd like me to make one for them for tomorrow. 

Reese loved it. I figured all the kids would like it since they love oatmeal (cold, hot, doesn't matter), yogurt, and they love strawberries. 

Quincy took an eager bite and then sat wide eyed and motionless, not chewing the food in her mouth. After a minute, she slowly got up and walked over to the pantry and spit it out in the trash and said, 

"Mom, that yogurt seriously tastes like you put hot dogs in it."

I guess they can't all be winners. 

1 comment: