The kids and I made pajamas during nap time yesterday and they turned out great!
They picked out the fabric before the last snowstorm and have been waiting anxiously for another snow day to make them. I'm glad I saved them, it looks like we'll be home for the long haul this go around. We got even more snow this morning and another system is headed our way before this one will have a chance to melt. Yesterday was pure greatness. No school for the win!
The results were darling. 3 happy kids in new handmade Jammie's. they were so proud of their accomplishment.
And what the other 20 pictures looked like while I tried to get a non fuzzy pajama shot:
Anyone else think it's a dirty trick for teachers to email a mountain of homework assignments to do on the snow day? My thinking is this: if the kids have to make up school in June when they would/should be on summer break with their families, let them actually have their break now and do the work on the makeup day. Today we're read 75 pages of the cooper "read together" book. I don't think they need to spend 2 hours practicing spelling words and doing math problems too. I hope we get the whole week together, but at the same time it just doesn't feel like a fair exchange for summer break when the teachers send home assignments.
Anyway, Snow Day #10 is today. What adventures will we have?
What are you doing for fun this week?








1 comment:
I love how creative you've gotten with your snow days! I always makes me sad when mom's complain and complain about snow days. I can understand how they come to feel that way, but I love that you're a breath of fresh air.
Post a Comment