We had X-rays taken this morning.
Imaging is never an easy place in the hospital for me to be. It just reminds me of all the times I've been there before: With Reese for chest x-rays for RSV and pneumonia. With Quincy for a barium swallow at 4 weeks old and later for RSV and years later when she swallowed a quarter. With Corbin when he had asthmatic bronchiolitis, and later for RSV.
And most recently, when Soren was 24 hrs old and had a chest X-ray, EKG and echocardiogram.
All of those things were hard, and I was actually grateful to be reminded of them today because here we are. We got through it.
We survived and can be relieved that part of our story is over.
Today's radiology experience wasn't a lonely one. Aaron brought me lunch and took a turn in the lead apron honored task of holding Soren down. Of course, Soren was a perfect patient (like always) and lay perfectly still.
Kasey also came for support and brought snacks and entertainment for Corbin, who's state of four-year-old-ness today surpassed my state of patience.
Emotional day.
Our Pediatrician called tonight (I love that he calls us himself, instead of delegating follow ups to his nurse.)
Soren has a broken leg.
Poor baby has been trying to tell us his leg is broken for Two. Weeks.
I'm dying.
We meet with the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow morning.


3 comments:
I love you. I'm so sorry. There is no way you could have known, he is a perfect baby, you did everything right. It's going to be OK, Soren is going to be fine and you will be fine too. Keep on keeping in mama!!
Look at how much Aaron loves Soren. That picture makes me teary.
Meg, there is no way you could have known and Soren will not remember the cast. Elsa was in a spica cast for nearly a year and she does not remember. (Not to make this about us, but I was hoping a point of reference would be helpful.) You have done and continue to do all you can with great love for your beloved children. I am so sorry you have to go through this and that he has to go through this. Lots of love to you all from all of us.
I'm sorry about the broken leg.
And don't get down on yourself. You are a great mom. I now live over 1,000 miles a day, and I still religiously check your blog - not only because we're friends, but because I truly admire you as a mother. You teach me a lot.
So, don't be hard on yourself. You're doing your best. In the famous words of Tony Horton, "Just do your best, and forget the rest."!!!!
Post a Comment