Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Steadfast and Immovable

I attended a baptism this morning and as we moved into the Young Women's room I was pleased to see this little poster displayed in the room. I made it for a New Beginnings centerpiece when I was serving as a youth leader about 6 years ago. 

I like knowing that a fresh group of teenage girls get to see this little message on Sunday. Be who you are and don't change with the world. That's a message that our youth need to hear almost daily now as the world pressures them to change their minds and lower their values as often as the media. 

I hope my own kids will hear these same messages from their youth leaders when they become teenagers. Be steadfast and immovable in keeping the commandments. "Bloom into you"---discover and become the person Heavenly Father knows you can be through doing good works to others and standing for righteousness. 

No comments: