Pages

Friday, September 11, 2026

Content



1) Wednesday morning I attended traffic court with Corbin. He rolled through a stop sign out on a county road and was busted by a state trooper. He had his phone in his hands. The officer didn’t attend but I’m proud of Corbin’s honest plea of “Hello sir, yes uhhh Guilty and Seeking Forgiveness??”

He got a $350 fine, enrollment in a driver safety course, and 32 community service hours. He left discouraged, but in family prayer expressed gratitude for court “going somewhat well” and then scheduled a shift at an SHP event and temple baptisms for him and Soren. 

2) I came home the other day from a dr appointment with Sloane to a bunch of furniture in the house rearranged. Corbin was not home. The crux were the teen boys napping in the basement…on the sofa from the loft. 

This kind of broke me, to be honest. I was so tired, and I’m usually ok with a prank, but this was one I had no capacity to fix or clean up. I had to take Bear to piano lessons, and asked them to put them back before I was home. The nappers went home, but shout out to Rich for staying and helping Corbin and I move the sofas back up two flights of stairs into the loft, and to Ryan for helping me move everything else back where they belong and the upside down couch right side up. At one point I was pushing a sofa arm above my head in the stairwell, and Rich goes “yo this is actually so aura” and Corbin said, “oh yeah my mom is lowkey jacked”. Feeling faint of heart, but grateful to be strong in muscle, I guess. 




3) Corbin placed third in an ignite sales pitch competition to Walmart this week. Well done Corbin! 

4) Soren is in the WJHS chamber orchestra group again this year. Mr J posted a video of them sight reading a piece yesterday. It’s easy to assume that Soren is naturally good at everything he does, but his ease comes with diligence and dedicated effort. He has a highly motivated personality and works hard to improve. 


5) I made the mistake of trying to keep up with Lisa Hill and went to a second class with her at the gym yesterday. It was not “so chill” 😂 . I also got a flu shot and a Covid vaccine afterward and felt wrecked by 10pm. I indulged in going back to bed this morning. It’s 9:30. I should get up. 

6) the Fam made a goal to restart the Book of Mormon and finish it before Ryan leaves on his mission. One of the younger kids suggested we begin in Alma and work our way back around. I don’t know why. Ryan responded with “I like it, let’s do it” and minutes later we were reading Alma chapter 1. We are currently on track and experiencing one of the more successful scripture study streaks in recent Willy history. 



7) The ducklings came over and I gave Hyrum a final fade before he was set apart Tuesday evening. I dropped of Swig drinks to him and Ammon yesterday. Zoom Home MTC hours were SO long for my girls. Hopefully a little treat gives a burst of energy. Hyrum’s mom, Kirsten gave me a thank you card last week with some of the kindest, most validating words in it. I love a hand written note. I love these guys. Corbin is absolutely in the depths of despair and his grief shows up in every aspect of his life right now, but he is managing the best ways he can. 


8) I love the affirmation in this poem by David Gate. 
There is so much love and beauty and honor in being a nurturer and homemaker. 


9) went to the cemetery with Ryan late Saturday night with flowers for Chris. (Purple and seafoam green—very Ryan core) The gate was locked. We opted to just go home and so the flowers are here in MY home and I feel all the beautiful and weighty things about that.

10) It actually rained real rain. Hallelujah. In preparation for the annual Meg energy burst (please show up soon?) / autumn home reset, I just ordered some wallpaper samples to cover a heavily damaged wall in my entryway. This will be my 2nd ever attempt with a super cheap peel and stick wallpaper. I am optimistic that the quality will better than reviews. Either way, I think a little creative refresh will feel so good. 


11) The younger kids and I read Little House in the Big Woods together and finished up this week. This is record time for a book with my crew. They are very excited about maple syrup and bear hunting. We skipped Farmer Boy and started Little House on the Prairie yesterday. I think a little field trip to the Laura Ingalls Wilder house in Missouri is in our future. I think there is a reboot of the tv series as well for winter watching. 


12) BIG congrats to cousin Preston Low for choosing to serve a mission! Back to Canada! 🍁 Love it. 


14) school pictures coming in hot! I never order them, but this pic of Soren gave me pause. I just looked through dozens of photos of him like a week ago on his birthday…how is this mug coming at me by surprise? Who is the man child in this yearbook photo?
 The kids described it as an “absolute mog to all other 8th grade photos.” What a cutie.







No comments: